Happy Birthday Jensen Ackles
Στις 1 Μαρτίου 1978 γεννήθηκε ένας από τους πιο χαρισματικούς ανθρώπους του καλλιτεχνικού στερεώματος, ο Jensen Ackles, το υποκριτικό ταλέντο του οποίου έλαμψε μέσα από το ρόλο του ως Dean Winchester στη σειρά Supernatural.
Σήμερα το blog γιορτάζει τα γενέθλια αυτού του τόσο αγαπημένου μου ηθοποιού, με ένα λίγο πιο ιδιαίτερο τρόπο, ένα μίνι αφιέρωμα με μερικά Trivia και Fun Facts για τον Jensen, που μας κάνουν να τον αγαπήσουμε ακόμη περισσότερο!
- Jensen's parents named him Jensen because they considered other names but found them too common. It took them three days to name him; Jensen was the last name of someone listed in the hymnal at their church. Ackles, Jensen's last name, is pronounced like 'Cackles' without a 'C'.
- His first name is actually a surname and is the most common surname in Denmark.
- Jensen's father, Alan Ackles, is also an actor. He appeared on episodes of Walker, Texas Ranger and Dallas.
- Jensen is a family man first and foremost, always going home for the holidays and taking any chance to work with his dad Alan, a fellow actor; the two appeared together in the independent horror movie DeVour. They also appeared together on the episode "Heartache" of Supernatural, directed by Jensen.
- Planned to study sports medicine at Texas Tech University and become a physical therapist, before he decided to move to LA to give acting a try.
- When Ackles goes for the gravel in his voice during specific "angry" scenes on Supernatural, he allows a little bit of his Texas accent to slip through.
- Jensen modeled when he was four years old, and took a break until he was ten. His school friends teased him, but when he bought a car with his earnings at age 16, he got the last laugh!
"When I was in middle school, some of my so-called friends found a catalog ad I did for Superman pajamas. They made as many copies as they could and pasted them up all over school." - on his most embarrassing moment.
- Jensen's first modeling gig was when he was just 2 years old.
Jensen's most treasured possession is the necklace he had made in honor of his best friend, who was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver.
- He's good with kids, and he genuinely enjoys being around them. He's not only very welcoming to young guest stars but he is also very hands-on as an uncle, and he has been known to constantly ask after his co-workers' kids.
- Jensen's nephew, Levi, has Down Syndrome. Jensen participates in campaigns and fundraiser's for children with Down Syndrom.
- Jensen sings and plays guitar.
- Jensen likes country music. His favorite musician is Garth Brooks. He sings back-up vocals on good friend Steve Carlson's albums Spot in the Corner and Rollin' On
- Sings lead vocals on the song Angeles on the Steve Carlson album Sharing The Covers.
- Jensen's favorite songs include Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah performed by Jeff Buckley and Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
- Three songs that mean a lot to him are: El Paso," Marty RobbinsTexas Flood," Stevie Ray VaughanHome," Marc Broussard
- He says that seeing Michael Jackson in concert in 1984 changed his life. It was the first concert he ever went to.
- He's extremely welcoming and helpful when others come on "his" show. For example, when Matt Cohen first took the job as Young John Winchester, he had an idea for how to play the character and did so in rehearsal. Ackles sat down with him after to work with him further on the character and to make sure he wasn't intimidated, stepping into a character that had been so clearly defined by another actor.
- He's a true southern gentleman, even after all of his years in Hollywood. When working on love scenes, or even simple kissing ones, Ackles' priorities are to make sure the female guest star is as comfortable as possible. He always asks for a closed set, which means that no one is allowed to be in the area unless they are essential crew personnel, like the director and the camera operator and the boom guy. And he's always sure to suck on a mint or some fruity candy first for pleasant taste experiences.
- He doesn't like to steal the spotlight from his friends, but he is always out to support them. Whenever his buddies Jason Manns or Steve Carlson play concerts at conventions, or even at local spots in Los Angeles, Ackles will show up to be a friendly face in the crowd but usually stays in the back of the venue so that all of the attention can be (deservingly) paid to the man on stage.
- Three films that mean a lot to him: Cool Hand Luke, directed by Stuart Rosenberg, Once Upon A Time In The West, directed by Sergio Leone & Saving Private Ryan, directed by Steven Spielberg (He watched it with his Grandfather prior to his death — he fought in that war)
- Some actors Jensen admires include Anthony Hopkins, Jim Caviezel, Ben Stiller, Brad Pitt, and Ewan McGregor
- Was runner up to Tom Welling for the role of Clark Kent on "Smallville" (2001). Was brought onto the show in season 4 as Lana's boyfriend.
- Was offered a role as Eliza Dushku's love interest on "Tru Calling" (2003), but chose to take a role on"Smallville" (2001) instead. Eric Christian Olsen was eventually given the role and the character's name was changed to Jensen.
- His career has an ongoing theme of dealing with demonic forces. His character's mother, "Marlena" on "Days of Our Lives" (1965), was possessed by the Devil. In the movie Devour (2005), he was the son of "Satan". On his television series, "Supernatural" (2005), his character battles the forces of hell.
- He is a keen photographer and is always taking photos on the set of "Supernatural" (2005).
- Made his directorial debut on the 2010 Supernatural episode Weekend at Bobby's.
- He has wanted to direct for years, and he also always wanted to be a part of some type of gun-slinging western. In season six of Supernatural he finally got the chance for both of those dreams to come true.
- Jensen is a sports junkie. He loves football, lacrosse, baseball, and basketball. He played on the baseball and lacrosse teams in high school. When he started taking theater classes, he was the only “jock” in the theater department.
- Fan of the Dallas Cowboys.
- Enjoys horseback riding.
- Jensen has taken up golfing. He admits he isn't very good but claims he was hooked after going out to the golf course with Tom Welling of Smallville.
Somehow he managed to make guy-liner, a facial piercing, a blue mohawk, and a kilt look attractive (in the independent comedy Ten Inch Hero). All at once.
- Jensen owns a dog Cockapoo, named Icarus.
- He's a huge animal activist, even if he is a bit more private about it. When his new puppy was diagnosed with Paget's disease, he not only rushed home from a vacation early to be by the dog's side, but he also told the vet to do whatever it took, surgery-wise and medicine-wise. Most people just put the dog down in that situation, but Ackles knew that this dog was with him for a reason; he had the means to afford the care, and he saw the dog as a true member of the family and was not willing to just give up.
- Jensen used to wear contact lenses. In May 2009, he had lasik eye surgery.
- If Jensen were an adult film star, he says his name would be Pudgy Midway.
- Exercise is his favorite hangover remedy.
- His guilty pleasures include the Candy Mountain YouTube video (first youtube movie he ever watched), the film License to Drive, and Dr. Phil.
Being from Texas, I would say I favor a pair of jeans you can wear some boots with.
- Jensen's favorite season is fall.
- He considers himself a Nondenominational Christian.
- Jensen’s favorite time of the year is Christmas because of the holidays, the cold, the lights, and the spirit.
- He appreciates the simpler things in life, like the smell of shampoo in a girl's hair, Gummy Bears, and the old Thundercats cartoon.
- His fav food is steak and he HATES sushi
- Jensen favorite dessert is dark chocolate.
- Jensen's favorite midnight snack is animal crackers.
Active on Twitter @jensenackles